Released on Steam - 18th July 2014
PC/Windows game. (VR is Oculus DK1 Only!) Supports Gamepad and Keyboard and mouse.
Gameplay Videos - Coming Soon
Ghostship Aftermath - the game that takes SCI-FI SURVIVAL HORROR to a new level. Prepare for a new breed of survival horror with rogue-like elements!
Over 350 years in the future mankind has embraced space travel and exploration. We have colonized many worlds and spread ourselves across the galaxy. The Colonial Defense Force (CDF) is responsible for the security of Earth and her colonies, and our only line of defense against the unknown.
On March 1st 2368 contact was lost with our most distant colony, located in the Icarus System. The Dreadnought class spaceship CDF Goliath was dispatched on March 3rd 2368 to investigate. The CDF lost contact with the Goliath not long after it entered the Icarus System on March 12th 2368. She is now presumed a Ghostship!
Before sending any more CDF forces it is common practice to send in an Advance Scientific Evaluation Team (ASET) comprised of 2 specialists from the Colonial Science Division (CSD) to determine if there are any biological or scientific threats which would impede a salvage operation.
You play the part of Dr. Jake Abbots who boards the CDF Goliath while your partner, Dr. David Riggs, stays behind on the CSD Alexis as mission control. You have radio contact with Dr. Riggs and he will give you objectives, advice, and help you along the way. Or at least that was the plan. As you will soon find out, anything can happen aboard the Ghostship...
Your actions will decide your fate in this non-linear sci-fi survival horror game with real consequences. You have limited oxygen and sprinting uses it 4x as fast, while your helmet has a non-rechargeable, non-replaceable 1 hour flashlight battery. So manage them well to avoid suffocation, or dying to unseen horrors lurking in the dark. After all, dead is dead is dead. With permadeath there are no do-overs, when you die you have to start a new game, but with random events and multiple story-line branches death is just a new beginning, and every game will offer something new!
- Instant Action Mode, get into the action faster with a few weapons and no permadeath in this gamemode included in the Halloween update.
- Random events and multiple story-line branches - no two games will be the same.
- Survival horror - not a regular FPS, so choose your fights carefully.
- Huge focus on atmosphere and immersion, on a huge and mostly functional military spacecraft.
- Open world - explore and uncover secrets and clues to find weapons, shields, and medikits.
- Roguelike-like - with elements such as Permadeath and random enemy spawns.
- Survival elements - limited flashlight battery and oxygen management.
- Signature Helmet View - a living in-game hud with no artificial overlay. (see screen shots)
- Physics - Normal gravity and zero-G.
- Hassle Free DLC - allows you to free roam with no enemies or objectives to hassle you. Plus it's free.
- Free additional content scheduled for release Oct 30, 2014 for Halloween.
- Made for virtual reality (VR), you get both the non-VR version and VR version so when Oculus Rift becomes available in 2015 you'll be ready!
*****WARNING: THIS GAME CONTAINS FLASHING LIGHTS & LOTS OF BLOOD n` GUTS! ******