Ghostship Aftermath – Description
Ghostship Aftermath takes survival horror to a new level with random events and multiple storylines. Your survival skills will be put to the test on a huge open-world military spacecraft with limited light and oxygen as you struggle to discover what happened, and fight to stay alive!
Your actions will decide your fate in this non-linear sci-fi survival horror game with real consequences. You have limited oxygen and sprinting uses it 4x as fast, while your helmet has a non-rechargeable, non-replaceable 1-hour flashlight battery. So manage them well to avoid suffocation, or dying to unseen horrors lurking in the dark. After all, dead is dead. With permadeath, there are no do-overs, when you die you have to start a new game, but with random events and multiple storyline branches death is just a new beginning, and every game will offer something new!
Background and Gameplay
Over 350 years in the future mankind has embraced space travel and exploration. We have colonized many worlds and spread ourselves across the galaxy. The Colonial Defense Force (CDF) is responsible for the security of Earth and her colonies, and our only line of defense against the unknown.
On March 1st 2368 contact was lost with our most distant colony, located in the Icarus System. The Dreadnought class spaceship CDF Goliath was dispatched on March 3rd 2368 to investigate. The CDF lost contact with the Goliath not long after it entered the Icarus System on March 12th 2368. She has now been presumed a Ghostship!
Before sending any more CDF forces it is common practice to send in an Advance Scientific Evaluation Team (ASET) comprised of 2 specialists from the Colonial Science Division (CSD) to determine if there are any biological or scientific threats which would impede a salvage operation.
You play the role of Dr. Jake Abbots who boards the CDF Goliath while your partner, Dr. David Riggs, stays behind on the CSD Alexis as mission control. You have radio contact with Dr Riggs and he will give you objectives, and advice, also helping you along the way. Or at least that was the plan. As you will soon find out, anything can happen aboard the Ghostship…
Ghostship Aftermath – the game that takes SCI-FI SURVIVAL HORROR to a new level. Prepare for a new breed of survival horror with rogue-like elements!
- Instant Action Mode, get into the action faster with a few weapons and no permadeath in this game mode included in the Halloween update.
- Random events and multiple storyline branches – no two games will be the same.
- Survival horror – not a regular FPS, so choose your fights carefully.
- Huge focus on atmosphere and immersion, on a huge and mostly functional military spacecraft.
- Open world – explore and uncover secrets and clues to find weapons, shields, and medikits.
- Roguelike-like – with elements such as Permadeath and random enemy spawns.
- Survival elements – limited flashlight battery and oxygen management.
- Signature Helmet View – a living in-game hud with no artificial overlay. (see screenshots)
- Physics – Normal gravity and zero-G.
- Hassle-Free DLC – allows you to free roam with no enemies or objectives to hassle you. Plus it’s free.
- Free additional content is scheduled for release on Oct 30, 2014, for Halloween.
- Made for virtual reality (VR), you get both the non-VR version and VR version so when Oculus Rift becomes available in 2015 you’ll be ready!